Diploma in Nursing Education and Administration
The course duration for Diploma in Nursing Administration in general is of a year and has been maximized up to 3 years and is continued after the completion of 10+2. This course is related with the establishment of costs of nursing care, examining the relationships between nursing services and the qualitative patient care along with viewing the problems of nursing service delivery within the wider framework of policy analysis and the delivery of health services. This course is started for those nurses who are working in the hospital or community and are promoted as ward nurses without any formal training in administration. This programme will help to upgrade the knowledge and skills of the in-service nurses in the administrative challenges. This course empowers the related candidates to step up for various educational, hospitals and social and some other related jobs. The nurses studying this course can also apply for the higher degree programs in respective subjects and are allowed to open their own private clinics. This course is also suitable for those who are interested in teaching fields at higher degree level both in private and government institutions and also for those who have analytical mind, good communication and interpersonal skills.
This course enables the nurses to function as nursing supervisors/ tutors in the community health fields/hospital set up. The main objective of this course would be to update the registered and qualified nurses as competent nurses as well as Seniors/Middle level nurse manager in health care set-ups at community hospitals. On the successful completion of this course the candidates will be able to function as nursing tutors, clinical instructors, public health nurses etc in the nursing schools and colleges as well as in health care settings and hospitals.
There are certain conditions given to the students if they are willing to study Diploma in Nursing Administration course. Some of the eligibility criteria to know before getting enrolled in this course are:
- Age limit is 17-35 years.
- Candidates must be mentally fit.
- Should have good fluency and understanding of English language.
The nursing school needs the education qualification for providing admission in Diploma in Nursing Administration course. Mainly candidates from science educational background are accepted in many of the colleges but if students from the different course are interested they are also given chance. Some of the educational qualifications to have before studying the Diploma in Nursing Administration course are:
- Should have completed +2 in science or ANM/GNM course with good marks.
There are many processes that candidates must follow if s/he is willing to study the Diploma in Nursing Administration course. There also might be some legal formalities that should be completed before one can get admitted. The procedures of getting enrolled in different college might be slightly dissimilar as the rules might vary. Some of the normal admission process to be followed for enrolling in Diploma in Nursing Administration course is:
- Fill the required application forms.
- Attend entrance exam if necessary.
- Provide eight copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details documents related to prior study.
- Fees payment after the clearance of entrance exam.
- Principles and practice of Nursing Administration
- Management of Educational Institute, Hospital and Community
- Group Dynamics
- Resource Management
- Practical Aspects of Nursing Administration-I
- Practical Aspects of Nursing Administration-II
- Nursing Education
- Introduction to Research & Statistics
- Professional trends & Adjustments
- Nursing Administration and Ward Management
- B.Sc. Nursing Management
- Post Basic Diploma in Nursing Administration
- M.Sc. Nursing Management.
- Medical College & Universities
- Nursing Homes
- Self-run Clinics
- Content Writing (medical)
- Hospital Administration
- Community Healthcare Centers
- Nursing Assistant
- ICU Nursing Staff
- Community Health Nurse
- Clinic Nurse
- Infection Control Nurse
- Operation Theatre Nurse
- Head-Nursing Services (Female)
- Nurse-CTVS, Cath Lab, Cardiac OT.