M.Sc. Medical Surgical Nursing
Master of Science in Medical Surgical Nursing is a post graduate nursing course of 2 years. This course is one of the most ambitious specialties of masters in nursing course. This course is arranged to abetment in developing expert and deep understanding of cardiovascular and thoracic nursing. The students will be benefited by this course in developing advanced skills for nursing mediation of various cardio medical and surgical situations. The students can also further go for being a Cardio vascular and Thoracic Nurse specialist. It has the largest nursing specialty around the world. The registered nurse in this faculty work on the hospital units and serve the adult patients suffering from acute illness with variety of medical problems and diseases or those patients who are recovering from surgeries. The students willing to study this course can also function as an educator, manager and researcher of cardiovascular and thoracic nursing for future. It is a nursing specialty area concerned with the responsibility of grown up patients in a generous dimension of framework. There is an organization named as The Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) which is a specialty nursing organization devoted to the sustenance of medical-surgical nurses for the period of advancement of their careers. The growing demand and the advancement of the medicines and nursing have helped in the evolvement of medical-surgical nursing course into its own category.
This program is designed to prepare graduates in scientific inquiry, which involves validating, initiating and applying research findings for practice and evaluating the nursing theory for advanced practice. The major factor that determines the uniqueness of the medical surgical nurse is that they are the master controllers of their hospital units. A med-surge nurse is always busy serving the patients by: Administering medications, prescribing families, admitting and discharging the patients and handling the entire care team at the same time. The med-surge nurses has high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm even under pressure while having the intense level of coordination from the time when a patient is hospitalized to the period that they are discharged. There is an advantage for the med-surge nurse over other types of nurses that they are well known in the structure of all body systems and are also familiar with the broad number of diseases. They are ever-ready for the next patient with a different complex disease as they are well aware about the uncertainty. The medical surgical nurse can expand and change their role at a very high speed while it is necessary for the nurses to count on a determined sphere and specification of method.
- The candidate’s age limit is 48 years.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- Candidate should have high level of English language.
- Candidate must be a registered nurse.
The overall qualification is very important before the admission procedure of the course study. Further requirements are:
- B.Sc. Nursing or any equivalent degree with minimum 50% marks and entrance test at the time of admission.
The students must follow the given process if he/she is willing to study M.Sc. Medical Surgical Nursing course. The process in getting enrolled may differ in different colleges. The conditions to be met are:
- Fill the required applications forms.
- Attend the entrance examination, if necessary.
- Provide 8 copies of passport size photographs.
- Provide all the legal documents.
- All the details and documents prior to study must be submitted.
- Fee payment after the clearance of Entrance exam.
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Adult and Aging I
- Theoretical Foundation for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Teaching & Learning Theory
- Health Care Administration
- Adult & Aging II
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Health Policy, Issues & Process
- Adult and Aging III
- SDA Theology of Health
- Thesis Writing I
- Thesis Writing II
There are few high level studies after post-graduation in Master of Science in Medical Surgical Science. They are:
- M Phil or PhD Science in Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Pediatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Psychiatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD of Philosophy in Nursing.
- Colleges & Universities
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Labs
- Government Hospitals
- Emergency departments
- Ambulatory surgical care
- Content writing (medical)
- Home health care
- Administration etc.
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Specialist Consultant Doctor
- Dialysis Technician & Therapist
- Experience Lab Technician
- Dietician & Nutritionist
- Medical Coding Trainee
M.Sc. Medical Surgical Nursing Colleges in Bangalore
Some of the colleges in Bangalore that provide this course are given below:
- Acharya College of Nursing.
- Bhagath College of Nursing.
- Chinai College of Nursing.
- Gouthami College of Nursing.
- Hillside College of Nursing.
- Aditya College of Nursing.
- AECS Maruthi College of Nursing.
- Capitol College of Nursing.
- Diana College of Nursing.
- G.R.R. College of Nursing.
These colleges provide all the necessary practical and theoretical programs in accordance with the course of Medical Surgery Nursing in masters. Bangalore being the most populated and famous city for Nursing and IT courses is a circle of new opportunities for the students. Students can learn many more in practical of these courses as there are many hospitals and Nursing homes having so many patients with different diseases. The laboratory practices in these hospitals will benefit the students in many ways as they get to learn and practice new advance ideas in curing these diseases.