M.Sc. In Pediatric Nursing
This is a post-graduate course related to child health nursing. It is an area of medical practice with a focus on providing comprehensive care to the infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric Nurses are usually registered nurses who are responsible for providing health care treatments for the health issues of children and adolescents. This course helps the nurses to play a special role in supporting the young patients and their families by explaining the conditions, treatment options and also for providing the emotional support in relation to their intensive health issues. Pediatric nursing offers several career options that encompass a range of duties and responsibilities. This course is of about 2 years and is career oriented in nature that opens many job opportunities to the candidates after the course completion.
With the study of this course the candidates will be able to:
- Consider nursing leadership, practice and administration in educational role applicable to Pediatrics and Child Health Nursing.
- Utilize nursing profession in engaging advanced knowledge and skills in Pediatric Nursing.
- Authorize cooperative relationships for the identification, investigation and settlement of the problems intruding on direct client care and the overall system of health care.
- Precede the professional standards and ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Operate computerized health information system and technology in nursing practice, education, administration and research.
- Combine, classify and alter the concepts and theories for the improvement of the client care.
- Participate in the nursing education sectors for the development of the nursing academics in general and particularly Pediatric Nursing.
- The candidate must be below the age of 48.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- Candidate should have good understanding of English language.
The overall qualification is very important before the admission procedure of Masters in Pediatric Nursing course study. Further requirements are:
- B.Sc. Nursing or any equivalent degree with minimum 50% marks and entrance test at the time of admission.
The students must follow the given process if he/she is willing to study M.Sc. in Pediatric Nursing course. The process in getting enrolled may differ in different colleges. The conditions to be met are:
- Fill the required applications forms.
- Give the entrance examination, if included.
- Provide 8 copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details and documents prior to study must be submitted.
- Fee payment after the clearance of Entrance exam.
- Introduction to Pediatric Nursing
- Assessment of Pediatric Clients
- Hospitalized Child
- Pre-natal Pediatric Nursing
- Growth and Development of Children
- Behavioral Pediatrics and Pediatric Nursing
- Preventive Pediatrics and Pediatric Nursing
- Neonatal Pediatrics and Pediatric Nursing
- Community Pediatrics and Pediatric Nursing
- Introduction to Principles, Practices and Trends of Pediatric Nursing
- Assessment and nursing intervention in selected Pediatric Medical Disorders
- Assessment and nursing interventions in selected Pediatric Surgical Problems/ Disorders
- Intensive Care for Pediatric Clients
- Development Disturbances and Implications for Nursing
- Challenged Child and Implications for Nursing
- Crisis and Nursing Intervention
- Drugs commonly used in Pediatrics
- Administration and Management of Pediatric Care Unit
- Education and Training in Pediatric Care.
There are few high level studies after post-graduation in Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing. They are:
- M Phil or PhD Science in Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Medical Surgical Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD in Psychiatric Nursing.
- M Phil or PhD of Philosophy in Nursing.
- Colleges & Universities
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Labs
- Government Hospitals
- Emergency departments
- Ambulatory surgical care
- Content writing (medical)
- Home health care
- Administration etc.
- Manager Medical Advisor
- Specialist Consultant Doctor
- Nursing Supervisor
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Nursing Educator
M.Sc. Pediatric Nursing Colleges in Bangalore
Some of the colleges in Bangalore that provide this course are given below:
- Manipal College of Nursing.
- Vydehi College of Nursing.
- Fortis Institute of Nursing.
- RajaRajeshwari College of Nursing.
- M.S Ramaiah Institute of Nursing.
- St. Martha’s College of Nursing.
- Dayananda Sagar College of Nursing.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya College of Nursing, etc.
These colleges provide all the necessary practical and theoretical programs in accordance with the course of Pediatric Nursing in masters. Bangalore being the most populated and famous city for nursing courses is a circle of new opportunities for the students. Students can learn many more in practical of these courses as there are many hospitals and Nursing homes having so many patients with different diseases. The laboratory practices in these hospitals will benefit the students in many ways as they get to learn and practice new advance ideas in curing these diseases.