Diploma In Neuro Nursing
Neural also known as Neuroscience or Neural science is one of the most specialized fields of medicine in the world. This sector of medicine mainly focuses on the health of the nervous system, including the brain and the spinal cord of the patient. The nervous system is by far the most sensitive and the most complex system in human body. The connection of the nerve cells, fibres, and neurons have a vital role in the proper bodily function of a human body that involves the thoughts, sensations and movements of the body along with various other things. And some ailment in any part of the nervous system results in paralysis in the body or even absurdity to death of the person.
A neuroscience nurse is a nursing professional that helps patients suffering from neurological problems or injuries like; head & spinal trauma from accidents, meningitis, encephalitis, epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. These nurses also have experience working with patients suffering from strokes and birth defects which leaded to affect the nervous system. Neuroscience is one of the most difficult specialities to master in nursing as it is related with the brain of the human body through which our whole body functions. The students willing to become a neural nurse should have a light grasp on how the nervous system work and effects the rest of the body. The nurse also should have some familiarity about the latest technologies and the advanced equipment used in neuroscience as modern technologies are advancing even in the medical methods.
Neuroscience nurses have a major role in assessing, diagnosing and the treatment of the patients who are suffering from neurological problems. These nurses are often present during the CT scans and MRI tests as well therefore these nurses must understand how to study and dictate these tests.
The scope for neural nurses has broadened over past years and has been raised including various approaches into consideration. It includes studies of; molecular, cellular, developmental, structural, functional, evolutionary, computational, psychological and medical aspects of the nervous system. It also rose bar for other regimen like; neuro-education, neuro-ethics, and neuro-law. Recently, the techniques used in neuroscience have expanded a lot and several prominent neuroscience organizations have been formed to provide support for all neuroscientists.
There are certain conditions given to the students if they are willing to study Neuro Nursing course. Some of the eligibility criteria to know before getting enrolled in this course are:
- Age limit is 17-35 years.
- Candidates must be mentally fit.
- Should have good fluency and understanding of English language.
The nursing school needs the education qualification for providing admission in Neuro Nursing course. Mainly candidates from science educational background are accepted in many of the colleges but if students from the different course are interested they are also given chance. Some of the educational qualifications to have before studying the Neuro Nursing course are:
- Should have completed ANM/GNM course with good marks.
There are many processes that candidates must follow if s/he is willing to study the Neuro Nursing course. There also might be some legal formalities that should be completed before one can get admitted. The procedures of getting enrolled in different college might be slightly dissimilar as the rules might vary. Some of the normal admission process to be followed for enrolling in Neuro Nursing course is:
- Fill the required application forms.
- Attend entrance exam if necessary.
- Present all the SC/BC/ST- certificate from Executive Magistrate if asked.
- Provide eight copies of passport size photographs.
- All the details documents related to prior study.
- Fees payment after the clearance of entrance exam.
- Professional nursing practice.
- Development of learning skills in the clinical area.
- Anatomy and physiology of the nervous system.
- Nutritional support of the neuroscience.
- Fluids and electrolyte management in the neuroscience.
- Management of the neuroscience with altered cardiovascular status.
- Management of the neuroscience with altered respiratory status.
- Nursing Education
- Introduction to Research & Statistics
- Professional trends & Adjustments
- Nursing Administration and Ward Management
- Doctor of Medicine in Neurology (DM)
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Exams in Neurology (DNB)
- Fellowship in Neurological Rehabilitation (FNR)
- Fellowship in Neurology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Neuroscience (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Neurochemistry (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Neurophysiology (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Neuroscience (Ph.D.)
- Health Departments
- Training Institutes
- Old Age Homes
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Departments
- Ward nurse.
- OT nurse.
- Emergency ward nurse.
- Public servant.
Diploma in Neural Nursing Colleges in Bangalore
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience (NIMHANS) in Bangalore provides the diploma course in Neural Nursing. There are 6 hostels attached to this institute- Kabini hostel, Staff hostel, Hostel for men, Hostel for ladies and 2 other hostels for female nurses. The juniors who are admitted for various courses are required to stay in the hostels according to the availability of the subject. Students who are admitted for post-graduate or higher level courses are provided accommodation in ladies and men’s hostel and the accommodation is actually free for the junior residents but they have to pay some amount only for the water and electricity charges. The library facility of this institute subscribes over 1500 e-journals in addition to 350 National/International print journals in the field. The library consists of the collection of 35000 books and 40000 back volumes of journals, thesis and dissertations, research reports. NIMHANS has established its own satellite-based national network with 64Kbps RF link providing internet and E-mail Services. This institution also provides Kannada Language Learning Program as there are majority of patients seen at NIMHANS who speak Kannada. They also provide good mess facilities but the students themselves have to assist and they have turns in doing so.